What is the role of the Governors?
We have a strong team of Governors who work hard to ensure the school is managed and led effectively in the children’s interest.
* Each term (Approximately 6 weeks). We meet to discuss matters concerning the running of the school
* We are given reports on the children’s progress, finances , staffing and development of the school
* We plan with the school to improve and enhance its work and contribute to the production of the School Improvement Plan.
* We make decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school in partnership with the Senior Management Team.
* We support, question and challenge the schools action.
* If you have any queries regarding governance please contact the clerk via the office
School Improvement Plan
Following consultations with Staff, Parents, Pupils and Governors the current SIP was produced as a working document and guides the work and resourcing of our school for the year . It establishes priorities and addresses the needs of the children whilst maintaining the strengths of the school.
Some of this years main priorities include:
* Raising the standards of children’s attainment particularly in reading
* Continue to raise the quality of Education
* Create an engaging and relevant curriculum that develops key skills children need to be successful in life and secure good progress.